ICLP is pleased to serve your electrical needs. An electrical service installation is a joint effort between you,
your contractor(s), and ICLP.
1. Member submits completed Request for Service form with design fee.
2. ICL&P schedules a site visit, if needed, to verify closest facility and determine ICL&P facility and member
equipment placement. This will typically occur 2-3 weeks after the service form has been submitted. Site
visit timing can vary depending on the season.
3. ICL&P provides a cost estimate and any supplemental documentation that will need to be
completed by the member – The cost estimate will need to be paid prior to construction.
4. Easements - It is the responsibility of the consumer to obtain an easement to ICLP when crossing
another individual's property. The Cooperative requires an easement when placing primary or
secondary line on your property; this easement will be drawn up by the Staking Technician and
has to be signed and notarized by the titled property owner(s). Click here for blank easement form.
5. Member applies for an electrical permit and sewer permit from the state of Idaho. These permits
are required by the State of Idaho and must be approved before ICLP can energize the service.
6. Membership - To receive electrical service, if you aren’t already a member of ICL&P, you will need to
become a member of the Cooperative, by completing an application and membership card. In
some cases, ICLP may require a credit reference from a previous power supplier or a minimum
deposit of $150 to complete membership. Membership cost is $5.
7. A tentative date of construction will be given to the consumer after all the following requirements
have been met:
a. Payment in full for all construction costs by cash or check.
b. Copy of the State, City or County Electrical and Sewer Permit.
c. Signed & Notarized Easement(s).
d. Approved trench/conduit/clearing of right of way, if required.
e. All installation is subject to weather conditions and possible delays.
8. Power is available when the project construction is complete. At that time, the monthly base rate
charges will apply.
9. Consumer is responsible for all underground trench back fill and leveling.
Note: The time required to complete the steps to electric power depends greatly on how long it takes the
member to complete necessary applications, easements, permits, agreements, and other required
documents. It is important to apply for service as early as possible. Please consider that ICLP crews may
already have several weeks of work scheduled at any time. This may affect the connect date of the
customer’s service. We will do our best to meet our member’s needs.
Request for Service Forms: